Monday, September 14, 2009

One Billion Trillion Days

I was going to post something today about patience and how I have been searching deep within myself to make it through these final days of pregnancy with fortitude and grace. I was feeling very magnanimous when I woke up this morning (after a rough, rough night) and was kind of floating around with a Mona Lisa smile on my face.

"Oh, another Braxton Hicks contraction! What a positive sign. I will take this discomfort, internalize it and use it to build my strength for when the real thing happens in a few days. What a blessing this all is!"

But then I went and read on the internet that the average pregnancy for a first-time mother is actually 41 weeks and 1 day. That's average. As in, two and a half weeks from now. As in, half of them actually go longer than that.

Eff magnanimity. I'm going to go sulk now.



2 comments:

  1. Haste! She's coming with great haste!

     

     

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep bouncing on that darn ball. Oh ya and those rough nights.....really they are your body and your baby preparing you for the weeks to come. You will be totally in the cycle of getting up when she does! And man your naps will be fantastic! I will pray that this little one is going to show up on her date. Just think you are all ready doing the work internally to move this baby along!

    ReplyDelete