Saturday, September 5, 2009

My Hobby

At my 36 week appointment, I came in with a laundry list of issues for my OB.

I was concerned about the possibility that my amniotic fluid might be low. I wasn't getting enough sleep and wondered what could be done about it. When did they start regular cervical checks? Was I still measuring large? Did the heartbeat sound okay? Could I have an ultrasound just in case?

My OB looked me in the eye and said, in a perfectly calm voice, "You need to get a hobby for the next four weeks."

She was completely right. Reading Babycenter.com and obsessing over what it must feel like to lose your mucous plug is not a hobby. Eating is (unfortunately) not a hobby. Lying in bed watching "Models of the Runway" and groaning is not a hobby.

Therefore, I have finally taken it upon myself to start our baby blog. From here on out I will be posting regular updates concerning pregnancy, labor, delivery and all the many, many things that will follow once we get home. Photos, videos, anecdotes -- look for them all here.

And welcome to the Slurry baby blog.



1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad that you are going to be blogging all of this! Can't wait to read your future posts! XOXOX

    ReplyDelete