Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sadie Year One (Only Six Months Late!)

The Sunday evening after we brought Sadie home from the hospital, Scott printed out a sign that read "Week 0."

He put it on our big microsuede chair, and next to it he placed our tiny, squishy-faced baby, sleeping and swaddled in a cotton receiving blanket with blue and pink bears printed on it (one of roughly two dozen we'd stolen from the recovery room at Cedars Sinai). Then he pulled out our camera, the good one, and took a picture.

"I'm going to do this every week," he told me, "Until she's a year old. Then I'm going to turn it into a video. When she gets older she's going to love us for this."

"I just have one question," I said.

"What?"

"You know it should read 'Week 1,' not 'Week 0,' right?"

He looked at me with the sage wisdom of a man who has become a self-made expert in viral marketing.

"If we start at Week 1, then the photo we take on her birthday will be Week 53, and that won't look as good," he explained patiently.

"You're really going to remember to take her photo every single Sunday night, from now until her first birthday?"

"Yup."

And he did. And eventually I stopped making fun of him and started helping him. And on her first birthday, we took the final picture. Week 52.

Aaaaand then it took us six months to get around to editing it into a video, but we finally have, and now I'm happy to present Sadie: Year One. Enjoy!


Sadie Year One from Scott Murray on Vimeo.

3 comments:

  1. AWWWWWWWW! So much fun to see her become a person!

    But why did you stop at Week 52? :)

    -- Mom S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is AMAZING, so glad you guys did this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! Makes me wish we'd done the same, though it would've taken me more than 6 months to compile them :) And I agree with your mom, why stop at week 52? Go into her teens for the full effect!!

    ReplyDelete