Monday, January 10, 2011

Nannies, Caregivers and Such

It occurred to me today that I've been living with a veil of anxiety over my head for so long that I can't even remember how it feels to have a regular, stress-free routine. Not a complaint, just an observation. For some reason I have been laboring under the impression that as 2010 gave way to 2011, things would settle down into something approaching normalcy. They haven't, of course, but at least we do have some answers.

We did, in fact, manage to hire the Nanny McPhee/Mary Poppins hybrid whom I liked so much in last week's interview. Actually, the most accurate comparison I can think of is my mother-in-law; they're similar in personality. That's a good thing; I have a kickass mother-in-law. She begins at the end of the month, taking over for Shawnie, our current sitter. Meanwhile, we've had so many different nannies and sitters at our house recently that today Shawnie told me she was accosted by one of our neighbors, who wanted to know just who she was and why she was walking around with my child. I guess it must look weird to other people to see a new person out with Sadie on what is seemingly a weekly basis. I've become very adept and chanting the line "It takes a village, it takes a village" over and over in my head when I start freaking out too much over this.

We may wind up with a huge upcoming disruption in our schedule, but that isn't for certain yet, so I will update if/when I get word of it. It will happen some time in February.

On to the better news: my grandfather is out of the hospital and being cared for in the comfort of his own home. This is one blessing for which my family is very grateful.

And now, for your viewing pleasure, and because we've had enough drama on this blog for now, enjoy some cute baby videos.





1 comment:

  1. Video one: I can't believe Sadie can get back up! That's a skill Veronica hasn't mastered, and it doesn't seem to have crossed her mind to even try. She just says "up" until someone lifts her to where she wants to sit.
    Video two: Totally cute! I've been negligent and have not taught V to blow kisses. I have to get on that ASAP because it looks SO CUTE!!!
    Video three: Nana, that is so cute. And I love the stuffed toy!

    ReplyDelete