Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Work At Home

On Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, Ana comes to take care of Sadie from 8:30am to 5pm. Those are the days that I reserve for writing gigs, bookkeeping for my grandfather's business, and getting the occasional mani/pedi.

The other days it's just me and Sadie, and if Scott's out of town then that goes for the weekends, too. But lest anyone think that those are days of idle pleasure, today I ran across a schedule that I wrote out one particular Monday morning that I think sums up the tone of those days pretty well. I'm reproducing it here, so that later in life I can look it over and ponder how in the world I managed to ever be this productive without the aid of some meth and a case of Red Bull.

Amanda and Sadie's Routine: Monday, February Whatever, 2011

7:30am: Breakfast

8:30am: Play and housework* (Start laundry, dress Sadie, brush hair, straighten house)

9:30am: Snack

9:30-10:30am: Nap #1**

10:30am: Call physical therapist, complete to-do list***, return emails, laundry

11am: Trader Joe's

12pm: Lunch

12:30pm: Play outside

2pm: Nap #2, Amanda cook vegetables

3pm: Mall or park, snack

5:30pm: Dinner

6pm- Bath****

 
* Yes, I subcategorized my to-do list.
** This list made me nostalgic for the era when she took two daily naps.
***This is in reference to a completely different to-do list, a weekly to-do list. Yes, I am a nerd.
****I didn't have a chance to write down the last item on this list: Put Sadie to bed, eat her leftovers for dinner, watch "Chuck," and collapse into bed by 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment